Everything-Filipino.com provides this website as a service.
While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date.
The materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. Everything-Filipino.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site.
Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of Everything-Filipino.com.
Some links within this website may lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. Everything-Filipino.com includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents (exceptions may apply).
This website and its contents are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this website are prohibited unless the prior written permission of Everything-Filipino.com has been obtained.
We recognize that your privacy is important. This document
outlines the types of personal information we receive and
collect when you use Everything-Filipino.com, as well as some
of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this
will help you make an informed decision about sharing
personal information with us.
Everything-Filipino.com strives to maintain the highest
standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all our
operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting our
customers’, consumers’ and online visitors’ privacy on our
Everything-Filipino.com collects personally identifiable
information from the visitors to our website only on a
voluntary basis. Personal information collected on a
voluntary basis may include name, postal address, email
address, company name and telephone number.
This information is collected if you request information
from us, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, and sign
up to join our email list or request some other service or
information from us. The information collected is internally
reviewed, used to improve the content of our website, notify
our visitors of updates, and respond to visitor inquiries.
Once information is reviewed, it is discarded or stored in
our files. If we make material changes in the collection of
personally identifiable information we will inform you by
placing a notice on our site. Personal information received
from any visitor will be used only for internal purposes and
will not be sold or provided to third parties.
experience. Cookies are identifiers that are transferred to
your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to
enable our systems to recognize your browser. The purpose of
a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to
a specific page. For example, if you personalize the sites
pages, or register with any of our site’s services, a cookie
enables Everything-Filipino.com to recall your specific
information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by
modifying your Web browser; however, if you choose to
decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the
interactive features of the site.
A web beacon is a transparent image file used to monitor
your journey around a single website or collection of sites.
They are also referred to as web bugs and are commonly used
by sites that hire third-party services to monitor traffic.
They may be used in association with cookies to understand
how visitors interact with the pages and content on the
pages of a web site.
web beacons in the course of ads being served on our web
site to ascertain how many times you’ve seen an
advertisement. No personally identifiable information you
give us is provided to them for cookie or web beacon use, so
they cannot personally identify you with that information on
our web site.
Some third-party advertisements may be provided by Google,
DART cookie, which enables it to serve ads to our users based
on their visits to this site and other sites on the Web. You
may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify
you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be
used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions
shouldn’t cause a problem with our site, should you so
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to
children under the age of 18. We operate our site in
compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection
Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal
information from anyone under 18 years of age.
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is
not personally identifiable. We use this information, which
does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to
administer the site, to track users’ movements around the
site and to gather demographic information about our user
base as a whole. The information collected is used solely
for internal review and not shared with other organizations
for commercial purposes.
Release of Information
If Everything-Filipino.com is sold, the information we have
obtained from you through your voluntary participation in
our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale
in order that the service being provided to you may
continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our
website of that change in control and practices, and we will
make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors
any opt-out requests you might make of us.
How You Can Correct or Remove Information
commitment to protect your personal information. If you have
submitted personal information through our website and would
like that information deleted from our records or would like
to update or correct that information, please click on this
link and/or use our Contact Us page.
Updates and Effective Date
Everything-Filipino.com reserves the right to make changes in
this policy. If there is a material change in our privacy
practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy
practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy
policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy
so that you will know what information we collect and how we
Agreeing to Terms
If you do not agree to Everything-Filipino.com’s Privacy
Policy as posted here on this website, please do not use
this site or any services offered by this site.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective Date: January 8, 2020
Last Reviewed on (prior effective date): January 8, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”).
In particular, we indicate below the categories of Personal Information collected from California residents within the last twelve (12) months.
CATEGORY A: Identifiers
Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
CATEGORY B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
CATEGORY C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
CATEGORY D: Commercial information.
Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
CATEGORY E: Biometric information.
Examples: Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
CATEGORY F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Examples: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
CATEGORY G: Geolocation data.
Examples: Physical location or movements.
CATEGORY H: Sensory data.
Examples: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
CATEGORY I: Professional or employment-related information.
Examples: Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
CATEGORY J: Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Examples: Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
CATEGORY K: Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
Examples: Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:
* Publicly available information from government records.
* Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
* Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
* Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We collect the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
* Directly from you (for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase).
* Indirectly from you (for example, from observing your actions on our website).
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes (a business purpose is defined as “the use of Personal Information for the business’s or a service provider’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided that the use of Personal Information shall be reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or processed or for another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected”):
* To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
* To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
* To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
* To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
* To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
* To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and retargeted ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
* To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
* For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
* To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
* As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
* To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
* Affiliated entities
* Service providers
* Legal Process
* Joint venture partners
* Marketing partners including third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks, and advertising agencies
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE – CATEGORIES
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
* Category A: Identifiers.
* Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
* Category D: Commercial information.
* Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS), we will disclose to you:
* The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
* The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
* Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
* The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
* The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
* If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
– sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
– disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
* Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
* Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
* Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
* Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
* Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
* Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
* Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
* Comply with a legal obligation.
* Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
* Calling us or emailing us with the contact information described below under CONTACT US.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
* Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
* Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see PERSONAL INFORMATION SALES OPT-OUT AND OPT-IN RIGHTS below.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SALES OPT-OUT and OPT-IN RIGHTS
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by contacting us (see our CONTACT INFORMATION below).
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us with the CONTACT US information below.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the notice’s effective date. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
PO Box 3289
Santa Monica, CA 90408-3289
Email: support @kevinhammer.org
Notice: This document is Copyright © Chip Cooper of the law firm of Jones & Haley, P.C., and licensed for use by the owner of this website under distribution rights granted to FTCGuardian.com. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this document may be copied, reprinted, reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
Have a great story or information about the Philippines you would like to share?
Do you have your own tips, stories, recipes, information, or thoughts that you would like to share here on Everything Filipino? This is the place! Note: By submitting your content to Everything-Filipino.com, you hereby grant Everything-Filipino.com permission to edit, copy, sell and distribute copies of your submitted content and to incorporate the copyright work, in whole or in part, into derivative works for sale and distribution. You also declare that you own the exclusive rights to such work and have
the legal ability and right to enter into this agreement.